We are excited to bring Rocky Mountain Prep students to in-person learning over the coming weeks using a phased-in approach!
As of September 11, 2020, the plan for RMP students to return to school for in-person learning is:
- Wednesday, September 30: Kindergarten students (all campuses) and students in our MI center at Creekside return
- Wednesday, October 7: 1st-grade students return (all campuses)
- Wednesday, October 14: 2nd-grade students return (all campuses)
- Beginning Wednesday, October 21: 3rd through 5th-grade students return (all campuses)
If you have opted for your student to continue with remote learning through December, please scroll to the bottom of this post for important additional information!
To ensure your child is ready to go on the day they return to in-person learning, please be sure you have taken the following six steps:
1. There are a number of incredibly important changes to our policies and procedures to support the health and safety of our students, families, and staff. It is essential that every family reviews the safety details on our website here.
2. Understand the new school day hours and your child(ren)’s transportation options.
All four of our campuses will have new school day times. Please note, we will no longer have early release on Fridays; these new times are Monday through Friday.
- Berkeley: 8:15am - 2:45pm
- Creekside: 7:30am - 2:00pm
- Fletcher: 7:45am - 2:15pm
- Southwest: 8:15am - 2:45pm
This year, Creekside and Fletcher will have transportation available. DPS and APS are working on transportation plans that will likely look very different, with many fewer spots available for students on a bus. Creekside and Fletcher teams will provide an update on transportation as soon as that information is available from the district.
3. Order school supplies for your child(ren).
To reduce contact between students, there will not be supply sharing this year. Therefore, it is important for families to provide their own supplies. You can order online and ship supplies to your home easily from EPI. Enter the following codes for your school: Berkeley - RMP003, Creekside - RMP096, Fletcher - RMP004, Southwest - RMP002.
Alternatively, you can also purchase school supplies on your own. It is important that students attend school on the first day with supplies. View your school's supply lists here:
4. Order uniforms for your child(ren).
To reduce adult contact, all uniforms will be sold online this year. Use the links below to order RMP uniforms for your specific school.
- Fletcher (Mailed to your home)
- Creekside (Mailed to your home)
- Southwest (Sent home in your student’s backpack)
- Berkeley (Pick up at school)
The only required uniform piece from this RMP uniform source is the polo shirt. All other items can be purchased elsewhere. Uniforms should not be a barrier to attending school. Please contact your school if your family needs support.
5. Get your pick-up decal from the school
Be on the lookout from your school on how to access your pick-up decals. If you do not know how to do this by the Monday before your student starts in-person learning, please contact your school directly.
6. Connect with your student’s teacher
Kindergarten students and their families should hear from their student’s teacher by September 28.
If you have not heard from your student’s teacher by the Monday before your student’s in-person start date, please contact your school for additional information.
If your child is going to continue remote learning through the end of December:
As each grade level prepares to start in-person learning, there is a chance your child’s remote learning teacher will change as well. Please be on the lookout for a contact from your teacher the Friday before school starts.
If you would like your child to return to in-person learning in January, be on the lookout for communication the week of December 7th to express your desire to return to in-person learning.