As partners in your student’s education, we believe families deserve frequent updates about their student’s academic, behavior, attendance, and at-home learning.
If you aren’t sure of your student’s current progress, the best thing you can do is talk about that with their teacher at conferences!
Parent/family and teacher conferences begin the evening of Thursday, November 11, and run through Friday, November 12. Please note that school will operate on normal hours on Thursday, November 11, and there will be no school for students on Friday, November 12.
Here’s a checklist of ideas to consider discussing at conferences:
- What are you seeing as my student’s strengths? (Share what you view as your student’s strengths, too!)
- What is my student’s current reading and math level?
- What does my student need to do to grow x number of levels?
- What can I do to support my student at home every week?
- Are you observing any developmental concerns for my child? What is normal development for my child’s age?
- What individualized support is my student receiving? Is my student making the expected progress?
- Is my child being a good friend to others? How do you know?
- Is my child advocating for themselves in helpful ways? How do you know?
- What are examples of what my student is learning in their classes/samples of their work?
- What’s the best way we can be in touch weekly about updates on my student’s progress and how to support at home?
- When will we check in next? What will that checkpoint include?
Have other questions that aren’t on this list? We’re here for you!
Don’t hesitate to be in touch with your student’s teacher, and they can connect you with the best member of our team to support!