Important action item if you are using an RMP Chromebook: It is essential that your computer has the most up-to-date operating system installed. Please follow these steps to update your Chromebook’s operating system.
1. Click Sign in with a different account
2. Type your Username
3. Type your password and click Next
For K-2 your password is your scholar's birth year (4 digits).
For 3-5 your password is your scholar's full birthdate (8 digits including a 0 at the beginning for months or days 1-9)
4. Wait for the settings to load
5. Click On the clock in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
6. Click on on the cog wheel icon to open settings at the top of the box that pops up when you click on the clock.
Note that you must be logged in to your account to see this option.
7. Click About Chrome OS in the lower left hand corner
8. Click Check for Updates
9. WAIT while your device updates. Please leave the computer on, plugged in and connected to internet during this process. It may take up to two hours for this process to complete depending on the Version number you started with.
10. Click Restart.
Your Version should now be 84 or above.
Additional information about updating your Chromebook’s operating system is available in the video below. (Vea este video en español aquí).
Need internet access? Comcast Internet Essentials is offering two months of free service to new customers - learn more at internetessentials.com. You can also access an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot - anyone in proximity to a hotspot can access for free. See a map of locations at wifi.xfinity.com/#find-a-hotspot.
Students can explore the amazing possibilities that come with using technology. They'll also learn from the Digital Citizens, who take a pledge to be safe, responsible, and respectful when traveling through the online world.