James is passionate about improving the public education system in Colorado and serves as an elected member of the DPS Collaborative Council and board member for Reach out and Read Colorado. He has been named one of Denver’s “Public Education Game-Changers” and was selected as a member of the 2015 Leadership Denver program. Prior to his work at RMP, James received his MBA from the University of Denver, was a member of Teach for America and graduated magna cum laude from Colby College.
- Hometown: Houston, TX and Pittsburgh, PA
- Education: Colby College (B.A. Government and International Studies) and University of Denver (M.B.A. School Leadership)
- Hobbies: Backcountry skiing, climbing and hiking with his wife Liz and his dog Sage
- Favorite children’s book: Calvin and Hobbes
- Hometown: Mason, OH
- Education: Northwestern University (B.A. Economics and Mathematical Methods)
- Previous experience: Charter School Growth Fund Investment Analyst
- Hobbies: Hiking, eating, concerts, yoga and exploring new places
- Favorite children’s book: Cinderella
Prior to joining RMP, Greg was a Senior Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Company, working with clients across industries including education, healthcare, consumer goods, and utilities. Greg has also worked at Education Resource Strategies, helping urban school districts reallocate resources strategically, and with Teach For America supporting first and second-year teachers in Brooklyn and the Bronx. Greg began his career in education teaching 3rd grade as a Teach For America corps member in New York City. Greg graduated from Colgate University, and also has a Masters in Teaching from Pace University and an MBA from the Yale School of Management.
- Hometown: Cleveland, OH
- Education: Colgate University (B.A. History and Philosophy), Pace University (M.A. Teaching), Yale School of Management (M.B.A.)
- Hobbies: Chasing my two daughters around playgrounds, running, and reading
- Favorite Children’s Book: The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog
Prior to joining RMP, Kevin was the Director of Regional Operations at KIPP NYC and supported the growth and expansion of their network of schools in NYC. Kevin has also worked as an Education Pioneers Fellow at Roxbury Prep Charter School in Boston and as Accountability Analyst at the SUNY Charter Schools Institute in New York. He began his career in education teaching middle school science as a Teach For America corps member in Houston, and then later taught the same subject at KIPP 3D Academy. Kevin graduated from Cornell University and went on to obtain a Masters degree from Stanford University.
- Hometown: Buffalo, NY
- Education: Cornell University (B.S. Biological Sciences) and Stanford University (M.A. Education Policy, Organization and Leadership Studies.)
- Hobbies: Hiking/Camping, cooking and playing soccer
- Favorite Children’s Book: Charlie Malarky and the Belly-Button Machine
Prior to joining RMP, Fulton worked in investment banking and non-profit micro-finance, and has spent the last three years in education. Fulton has also worked as an Education Pioneers Fellow at Starr Detroit Academy, and is a member of the 2016-2018 Broad Residency cohort. Fulton holds a bachelors degree in Economics from Williams College and an MBA and M.Ed from the University of Michigan.
- Hometown: Chicago, IL
- Education: Williams College (B.A. Economics) and University of Michigan (MBA and M.A. Education Policy)
- Hobbies: Hiking, running, spending time with wife, dog and 1-year old s
- Favorite Children’s Book: Goodnight Moon
- Hometown: Born in Dallas, TX, but claims Denver as her true home
- Education: University of Denver (B.S. B.A. in International Business)
- Previous experience: Business Manager at St. Elizabeth’s School; VP PrinTelogy, Inc.
- Hobbies: traveling, reading, spending time with my family
- Favorite children’s book: The Gruffalo
Prior to joining RMP, Marissa taught Spanish for Native Speakers at DSST: GVR High School to 9th and 10th graders as a Teach for America corps member. In 2015 she was recognized as a Champion of Change by the White House for being a strong role model for her students and their families as well as being an agent of change within her community. Originally from Mexico, Marissa grew up in the Western Slope of Colorado and attended Fort Lewis College for her undergraduate education.
Hometown: Glenwood Springs, CO
Education: Fort Lewis College (B.A. – Political Science & Economics)
Hobbies: Hiking, Reading, and spending time with family
Favorite Children’s Book: The Berenstain Bears
Prior to joining RMP, Mimi received her BS in Applied Mathematics from UCLA and her MBA with a focus in Entrepreneurship & Strategic Management from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. During her time at UChicago, she was a finalist in the Social New Venture Challenge and a TA for the Deputy Dean. Since completing her MBA, she’s lived and worked in São Paulo, Brazil and Jakarta, Indonesia supporting the growth of a number of tech startups.
- Hometown: Alameda, CA
- Education: UCLA (B.S. Applied Mathematics) and University of Chicago (M.B.A. Entrepreneurship & Strategic Management)
- Hobbies: Cycling, Pilates, Hiking, Stand-up Paddleboard/Paddle-surf and Travel
- Favorite Children’s Book: Miss Rumphius
- Hometown: Los Alamos, NM
- College: Baylor University (B.A. History) and Delta State University (M.A. Elementary Education)
- Previous experience: Kindergarten and 1st grade Teacher with Teach for America – Mississippi
- Hobbies: Basketball, traveling and reading
- Favorite children’s book: Harold and the Purple Crayon
- Hometown: Denver, CO
- Education: University of Colorado, Denver
- Previous experience: Director of Silverton Summer Youth Program, Program leader for an eight-week summer theatre and art camp, art, theatre, and film teacher as part of enrichment programs throughout Colorado
- Hobbies: Art, writing, film, directing, hiking, reading, creating, being outside and letting his imagination run wild
- Favorite children’s book: Winnie the Pooh
Emily taught second grade at Rocky Mountain Prep Creekside for two years, serving as grade level chair and also teaching yoga after school to RMP staff. Prior to her work at RMP, Emily was a member of Teach for America and taught sixth grade Special Education in Los Angeles where she was selected as a national semi-finalist for the Sue Lehmann Excellence in Teaching Award. Emily has worked on staff with Teach For America, served as an Ambassadorial Scholar with Rotary International in Bogotá, Colombia and has been an assistant principal with STRIVE Preparatory Schools in Denver. Emily graduated from Azusa Pacific University and received her master’s in special education from Loyola Marymount University.
- Hometown: Lafayette, IN and Denver, CO
- Education: Azusa Pacific University (B.A. Psychology) and Loyola Marymount University (M.A. Special Education)
- Hobbies: Hiking, biking, running, snowboarding, practicing yoga, spending time with friends and family, continually working on her Spanish and traveling (especially to Spanish-speaking countries!)
- Favorite children’s book: The Giving Tree
- Hometown: Woodstock, IL
- Education: New York University (B.A. Public Administration), University of Colorado Denver (M.P.A. Nonprofit Management)
- Previous Experience: 3rd and 4th grade teacher – Teach For America, Senior Communications Associate – SE2
- Hobbies: Concerts, traveling, and spending time with friends, family and my dog, Jean Baptiste
- Favorite children’s book: Planting a Rainbow
- Hometown: Rochester, MN
- College: Luther College
- Degree: Majors: Biology/Spanish; Minor: Secondary Education
- Previous Experience: Fulbright ETA – Ecuador; Founding 9th grade Biology teacher at GALS-Denver; Urban Leaders Fellow-Indianapolis; Advisor/Strategic Planner DREAM Technical Academy – Willmar, MN; Urban Leaders Fellowship Program Director – Denver
- Hobbies: Hiking, camping, cooking, woodcarving, and traveling (ask her about her five month solo backpacking trip).
- Favorite children’s book: The Little Engine That Could